While mom, dad or big brother is playing golf at Arnold Palmer's Legacy Golf Club, here are Five of the top things for the kids to do in the Bradenton area:
- Anclote River Park - The park encompasses nearly 30 acres and features fishing, picnic areas, pavilions and a playground for the little ones. A perfect natural escape.
- University of South Florida Sundome - This multi-purpose facility seats over 11,000 people and hosts nearly 300 events every year, so chances are you'll find a great event during your vacation. It has held U2, Sting and Santana concerts as well as numerous other events.
- Adventure Island - This 26-acre park at Tampa's Busch Gardens offers much to do for the kids. Open March to October, the park keeps varying hours that generally run from 10am-6pm daily. Hours change, however, so it's wise to check. Admission is $31.95 adults; $29.95 ages 3-9; however, you can camp for $15 per day. Adults will have just as much fund as the kids!
- Busch Gardens - Here, animals roam free and you are the outsider. Roller coasters, animals, rides, shopping, food, everything you'd expect from a first-rate theme park.
- Congo River Golf - A cool place to play miniature golf in view of a waterfall, feed the gators and play a variety of games in the arcade. A great way to spend the day. And gators, too!
With all these activities, the golfers don't have to feel guilty!